the proposal + video!

Friday, March 23, 2012

a little background (other wise known as: the entire story): i had just gotten off work and he asked me if i wanted to go to a concert. i suspected NOTHING. once we got there, i started noticing that i knew 99.3% of the people who were there–so popular! i started chatting away and completely lost track of where he had wandered off to (in fact, i told one friend that i was purposely avoiding him because we both were wearing blazers and there should only be ONE blazer per group!). all of a sudden, i look up on stage and there he is! he asked me to come up and i took my sweet time (all the while giving him the death glare and trying to telepathically say DO NOT SING JEFF! YOU ARE NOT A SINGER JEFF!). once on stage (still suspecting nothing!), he told me all these really sweet things (why are you telling me this NOW?! can’t you tell me this in the car, jeff?!) AND THEN GOT DOWN ON ONE KNEE. what?! i was NOT expecting it at all! i had told my mom that i was sure he was going to propose in the next few months but figured it would be when we were at his home in california or after winter semester had ended. but nope! he got down on one knee right THEN on march 10th (he told me that he heeded to beyonce’s advice: he liked it, so he put a ring on it–a simple man, that one!). i was really, REALLY excited but really, REALLY confused? had he talked to my dad? through gritted teeth i  whisper-yelled “…oh my gosh? have you talked to my dad?” to which he responded “yes, of course!” to which i responded “yes! of course i’ll marry you!”

…and then we ran off stage because i was getting antsy.

the end!

my crazy talented friend andrew storer was fortunately there (…as was about 353 other people who i knew! it was SO cool!) and filmed the entire thing! this is a short little video that he made of the night.

*also, the song playing in the back is by the band that was playing there, robert & the carrols. it was SUCH a special night! did mention that jeff planned an entire concert just to propose?! and had a fancy little sign made and invited all of my friends?! and that i am engaged to be married to him?! winning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

be nice?

 

© simply brooke All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger